Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the 1st Joint Congress of European Pediatric Surgeons’ Association (EUPSA), International Pediatric Endosurgery Group (IPEG), and European Society of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons (ESPES) in Vienna, Austria, was canceled. Despite this, EUPSA’s Education Office continued to foster collaboration and further educational opportunities among members in order to maintain and improve high standards of surgical care for pediatric surgical patients around the globe.
This included a webinar of case discussions on “Decision Making in Pediatric Colorectal Surgery,” led by Marc Levitt, M.D., Colorectal and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgeon at Children’s National Hospital. The international panel included Giulia Brisighelli (Johannesburg, ZA) Martin Lacher (Leipzig, Germany), Paula Midrio (Triviso, Italy), Carlos Reck (Vienna, Austria), Pim Sloots (Rotterdam, Netherlands), Gaia Tamaro (EUPSA Education Office), Alejandra Villanova (Madrid, Spain), and Tomas Wester (Stockholm, Sweden).
Dr. Levitt has since presented follow-up webinars on the following topics:
- Abnormal perineum
- Twisted pullthrough in Hirschprung disease
- Duhamel pullthrough in Total Colonic Hirschsprung
- Vaginal atresia in a newborn with ARM 2
You can view the full webinars below:
- EUPSA – EJPS Webinar Part 1
- EUPSA – EJPS Webinar Part 2 “A female newborn with abnormal perineum”
- EUPSA – EJPS Webinar Part 3 “Twisted pullthrough in Hirschsprung Disease”
- EUPSA – EJPS Webinar Part 4 “The complicated Duhamel Pullthrough”
- EUPSA – EJPS Webinar Part 5 “Vaginal atresia in a newborn with ARM 2”